PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - *sigh* more cr 5 problems
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-12, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Fingerbob
Private

with all due respect back Hamma, if we'd got the two squads or so that comm were asking for within the first five minutes, no recall order would have been necessary - we'd have secured and relocked without hurting the esamir attack at all. but getting people to actually *pipe up* and offer their squads is getting more and more difficult as time goes by.

when I'm on active cont comm, I'm sure you see me *all the time* asking "we need blah at blah, /tell me". I know for a fact I should be getting at least 10 possible responses, but I'm lucky if I get one, and they're nearly always from the same group of guys. I can ask till i'm blue in the face ... drop this gen, drop those tubes, repair that gen, air cover for this, gal for that. it's mostly a waste of time, because very few people bother to reply ... and I'm fairly sure there's a large bunch of CR4s on the continent, bitching about what we're trying to do. well, i'm gonna say it now. WAKE UP AND HELP.

I know you and chikin are heading for 5, and i'm looking forward to it (I like both you guys, I've played beside you before) for two reasons : one, it's gonna be a baptism of fire, and two, it'll give us a few more people to play the "i've got all the XP I need, now how can we WIN" game.

until you get there ... please talk to the cr5s. tell them what you're up to. tell them what your POV is. tell them tac and strat info from the ground. use command! that's what it's there for! because right now, I can tell you the names of 30 or so CR5s, and probably 20 or so active SLs that I work with regularly ... but I'm damned if I know for sure ANYONE who's CR4. I know this is because of the shitty way the game handles CR4 <-> CR5 comms, but it doesn't have to be like a brick wall.

and here's a bit of story from a few weeks back that might amuse you moaners ... after Morph started up his "Emerald TR CR5 are idiots" threads on the OF, we decided to let him call the shots for a day. he did exactly what all you guys seem to want ... we didn't keep any conts locked, we pushed out fast zergs thru nme territory, all for about 3 hours. by which point, VS had locked Ish, NC had locked Cery, and we were left with a couple of bases on For. and it stayed like that all night. if that's your ldea of fun, then tell me right now so I can quit in peace