PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Lets talk about the ressource system. Right now, its borderline Pay to Win
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-23, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: Lets talk about the ressource system. Right now, its borderline Pay to Win

i think the best way to get rid of the problem of punishing the losing faction by nerfing their ability to draw maxes and vehicles, would be a total transit to a ressource based on bases instead of being personal ressources. like the ntu in ps1.

the ntu could flow through the lattice, with options to sabotage or defend the pipelines.

i can´t see a way to make the original ps2 design work since the ability to freely choose hexes to attack is gone.
i would even like to see the ant return and completely copy the ps1 system. some players may hate it, but a lot will love it, and only very few need to do the ant duty, so who hates it, is almost never forced to do it. in ps1 it was never a real problem to organise antruns. it was a welcomed challenge when needed in a huge longtime basefight, and source of a lot of epic moments. and during downtime, it was a nice and easy way to get a little free xp for the whole squad.

but if the devs really have to stick with something resembling the actual ressource concept, changing to just one ressource type is at least a first step. so we could at least use all ressources we earned. some players like to only play air/vehicle or infantry. those players can only use a third of their total ressources.
i never fly, so i don´t need air ressources and would like to be able to use them for infantry or pulling sundys.
but i would totally prefer a ntu system of some kind, that provides a whole new additional gameplay style instead of just limiting the other playstyles.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!