PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Can Endgame/Metagame help drive PS2 to continued success?
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-10, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sifer2
Major

Re: Can Endgame/Metagame help drive PS2 to continued success?

I think this is the single most important topic when it comes to Planetside Next. Next to making the game free to play on some level there is no other thing SOE can do that will improve the number of people playing it than to focus on making a deep metagame.

There has to be a hook of some kind to motivate people to keep playing an to make them feel like there is some progress. For instance in WoW the hook would be better gear for your character as you beat the latest new dungeons with your guild. That obviously wont work for Planetside. Someone mentioned Eve and yes I think we could probably learn a little more from Eve since its a more player vs player driven game.

I think they really need to give Outfits a way to advance an grow an improve over time. And they may need to make areas that can be taken over that are more permanent than the standard bases which switch sides fairly easily. For example their could be cities which kind of act like Sanctuaries now that are significantly harder to take over requiring weeks of work. I dunno if economics could play a role in this system but its work thinking about.

After all the Empires must fight over something tangible. Players should always want to go out an kick ass to improve themselves and their faction an it should continue long after your max rank. I just regret that I am drawing blanks here as to how it should work haha.