PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So what do you want?
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-11, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Sifer2
Major

Re: So what do you want?

Originally Posted by Tikuto View Post
I've always disliked bonus content by having to pay. I'd rather it be more simple.
  • A free-to-play service allowing people to play and keep a population active with targets aconstantly available. Cannot access certain features, limited on weapons (Common-pool weapons only with maybe few exceptions & maybe other limitations like armor)
  • A subscription service as normal allowing the player to access everything in-game as normal like on PlanetSide 1.

I think that's the opposite of what they should do. The goal of the Free to Play Subscribe for Bonus's model should be to insure lots of people always play. Since that's when Planetside is at its best is when tons of people play it. Makes it better for Subscribers and the Free players as well as more interesting to anyone on a trial.

Your type of restrictions would make Free players almost second class citizens that can't use any of the good guns. Hence no one would want them in their squad. And they would get owned all the time an say screw it an stop playing. I feel a Free player should be able to reach a high enough BR rank to afford a reasonable amount of certs. And should have access to ALL certs. So that it still retains that sense that a Free player can hold his own in the field of battle an is worth having.

In my post I suggested that along with some side goodies you could give subscribers that would make it worth it without really overpowering them I think. Probably some more things they could get. I just don't think it should be exclusive certs.