PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Indoor combat improvements
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-04, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Kumoblade
Corporal

Re: Indoor combat improvements

Come on, this is the future we're talking about here =P. Hopefully they'll have something more sophisticated than Smoke as thats a double edged sword if you're trying to use it to assault. The moment you lob a smoke, the enemies are going to start blasting with heavy firepower making a hallway a deathzone, and its not like you can see through it to pluck them out. Smoke is used to provide cover to get from Point A to Point B under concealment, not launch a full out assault through it, because you're just as blind as the enemy that you're trying to charge at.

Theres a ton of ways to do a Door Breach. Penetratable materials are one way where you can fire rounds through objects to hit the targets on the other side, but I somehow think that bases are built sturdier than that to allow 9mm-10mm slugs go through it.

Other Methods would be adding a Utility MAX to the arsenal, replacing an Anti-Infantry MAX. I think Aircrafts/Vehicles/MAXs should be very expensive, as well as their counters so there are fewer MAXs and fewer Counter-MAXs, but one could make all the difference.

Give it a Shield it can hold out infront of itself/Melee with in close quarters to bust up enemy infantry lines, and a Deployable Shield battery it can drop to allow infantry to take cover behind that is destroyed after sustaining a large amount of damage.

Instead of a Smoke Grenade, why not a displacement field generator that will trick the enemies into thinking that theres no enemies coming. Place it out infront of the door, it goes to work, you open the door and charge in, but the enemies still see the door as closed until you come bursting through the field of influence.

Think of Speed, how they set the camera on the bus to loop around to think nothing is going on, even though they're trying to get off. All enemies within the field are Masked/Invisible until they come bursting through. That would be far more effective for Rushes than smoke.