PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - [Merged] Planetside 2 & TrackIR
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-14, 02:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Re: TRACK IR??

Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
What a bunch of whiners. Whats wrong with a freelook feature that your just keymapping to a different input device? Nobody said it has to be in at launch. It would be a nice feature in game for players to enhance their play experience.

I've never used TrackerIR or anything similar. I have used my hat switch to look around while flying in different flight simulators. Ive also used the hat switch to freelook while driving vehicles in other games. This isnt some ground breaking feature thats never been seen or used before.
Ya I have never used track IR but a lot of the guys I played Arma 2 with have it and swear by it. I think they should implement it as well as all new and upcoming features if they really want this game to succeed and do as well as it could. Also something they need to include support for is triple head (using 3 monitors) so you have peripheral vision at all times that combined with track IR would be the shit in Planetside! Alot of players are all ready doing this is flying sims and fps's across the market. SOE needs to do this or they are shooting them selves in the foot by not incorporating new technology that's is being marketed in the fast based fps world they are trying so hard to compete in.

Last edited by Livefire; 2012-02-14 at 02:46 AM.