PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Can I please shoot my gun out the window of a Deli?
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-14, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Gogita
Master Sergeant

Re: Can I please shoot my gun out the window of a Deli?

I think this would cause many balancing issues as the devs will have to tweak the vehicle with every possible combination of weapons. For example, the deliverer right now only has 1 type of weapon (if we ignore the empire versions). If the vehicle is too weak or too strong, they can easily change the damage per shot or the armour of the vehicle. On the other hand, if you could use your own weapon while being inside the vehicle, balancing becomes much harder as you cannot just decrease or increase the firepower of the weapons being used.

All the weapons that are given to infantry as designed in such a way that there are up and downsides to them. For example the sniper is powerful, but you need to sit still in order to hit someone and as you are sitting still, you are easily a target by other snipers. If you were able to use the sniper rifle inside this deliverer, you will not be as vulnerable anymore, while you should be, as this is one of the designed downsides of a sniper.