PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Galaxy, king of the Air
View Single Post
Old 2002-11-04, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

Reaver arcs

We don't know anything about the reaver firing arcs.

If they're anything like modern gunships, then the rockets will be dumbfired with little or no barrel traversal. The chaingun on the other hand would have a >180 degree arc. That, plus superior mobility will allow it to park itself in a blind spot on the Galaxies firing arcs, and pound away till the thing is a smoking ruin.

Galaxies should NEVER to be good at air Some superiority. "unregistered's" argument about C130's vs F14 sounds dead on to me.

We know of 3 aircraft, all in the common pool: Mosquito, Reaver, and Dropship. I'd be SHOCKED to find that there weren't any alliance-specific airships. So one side or another might have quite a leg up in some aspect of air combat... like say fighter-bombers vs air-superiority. We just don't have enough info to go on.

Wild conjecture DOES pass the time though:

I'm thinking a reaver will be a superior air-combat craft all around. Better air-to-air, as well as air-to-ground. At least until the Galaxy dumps its cargo... Then all bets are off. It may be a valid defensive strat for the galaxy to land when attacked, allowing it's occupants to hop out and fire away with whatever anti-vehicular weapons they may have (including the MAX's weapons, which should be substantial). I'd guess that Vanu's energy weapons and TR's tracking missile launcher will do quite well in anti-air roles. And the CS's assault rifle sounds pretty decent as well.