PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Dedicated driver certification for MBT
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-01, 07:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
Lumberchuk
Corporal

Re: Dedicated driver certification for MBT

Originally Posted by Gugabalog View Post
^ The above post misses the point.

This is a all or nothing matter.

I am in support of 3 person tanks as a non-PS1 vet.

Your simply not going to get 3 person tanks where the 3rd person is require for the tank to work. The best you could hope for is a 3 person tank where 2 people operate the different guns and 1 drives, as an option. Even that though is a stretch considering nothing is in the game right now.

I don't want some supper realistic tank simulator, and this game will not be that because it doe not appeal to the masses. What I do want is simply the option to give control of the main gun to the other person in my tank because I think it is a much better way to divide the responsibilities of the 2 man tank team.

People who are asking for higher more players required to operate tanks are going to be disappointed. Even people who are asking for buffed tanks with more players are going to be disappointed. These changes are just too drastic and are not in the direction gameplay wise SOE wants to go, since they have already said the cert is not in because of the magrider. What I suggest is a simple option to give control of the main gun to the secondary gunner. That's it! If you don't like it don't use the cert. If you are alone, don't give away control! If this simple idea can get into the game, THEN we can worry about the balance aspect of it. That is what beta is for! If the feature doesn't exist though, then there is nothing to balance, and IMO tank combat will suffer heavily.

Regardless I still will drive tanks. Tank vs tank in Battlefield 3 is still fun as hell (getting the right arc, smoking when you get guided shelled, rotating your tank to show your reactive armour, keeping an eye out for pesky C4ers) so this is not a game breaker for me. But I do think it could add a lot to the game.

Last edited by Lumberchuk; 2012-08-01 at 07:36 AM.