PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: "We need a hacker!" - Give LA class the Rek
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-28, 03:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
MCYRook
Staff Sergeant

Re: "We need a hacker!" - Give LA class the Rek

Originally Posted by The Degenatron View Post
You're gonna find having a Medic is pretty manditory too. As well as having an Engineer. As well as having Heavies. If a class is "not needed", it won't get used.
"Not mandatory" is not the same as "not useful" (or "not needed" as you put it here).

(And sidenote: I don't see where you apparently get the impression from that unless LA is given such a pivotal role, it won't get used. There will be tons of LAs for the jetpack alone, not only because jetpacks are oh so kewl, but because mobility = AWESOME.)

Of course Engis and Medics and HAs will be useful. But you CAN cap a point without any of them. It might not be the easiest or most prudent way to go about it, but you can, the option is there. The way you envision it, you CAN'T without an LA. All other classes are just meat on the point when it comes to actually capping it - bring an LA, or be screwed.

It's just not a good idea, and there's zero reason to make LA (or any single class) that special in the grand scheme of things.

Thankfully tho, I won't need to spend much more breath on this, because it's not gonna happen anyway.