PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Re: Planetside 2 Store - 10 minutes of required viewing for SOE
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-16, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Planetside 2 Store - 10 minutes of required viewing for SOE

Well all we have to go on at this point is what they're telling us.

Smed is telling us clearly "we will not sell power."

So you can either believe him or not. If you don't believe him I dont' really know what to tell you. Clearly you have the fear of them lying to us. Because they did something different in the past doesn't mean what they're telling us now isn't true.

SOE has jaded many people in the past by mismanaging things, I'll give you that. Perhaps a weak economy, having to lay off a bunch of people, and not being the dominant player in the market has caused them to look at things differently. Necessity is the mother of invention, and all we can do at this point is believe what they're telling us is true unless we have a reason not to. Did they ever tell us that they weren't going to sell power in the EQ store? Is that why you don't believe them now? Or are you simply going on the fact that they did it before? Its not uncommon to make mistakes the first time you jump into something and learn from it.

On my own forums I put up a poll where I asked folks what they thought about PS2, and I also asked the same question with a bunch of other folks. The majority impression is that PS2 looks great, but they look at SOE's track record and have an overwhelming fear that they either won't deliver on what they're telling us or they'll screw it up in some other way. I have a little of that fear, but I'm also a true planetside fanboi so I will believe it out of sheer hope because I have nothing to lose by believing them. I have a lot to lose by dismissing the game before I even see it in action, and I have a lot to lose by not contributing to feedback, so here I am doing that.

And as Hamma said, selling leveling time isn't selling power. It's selling convenience, which is a great thing to sell. You don't have to buy that convenience and you will be fine.

Last edited by Malorn; 2011-07-16 at 06:45 PM.