PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Vanu Hover Bikes (like the flash)
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-06, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Demarkin
Private

Gameplay: Vanu Hover Bikes (like the flash)

Maybe instead or in addition too the "flash" fast attack transport, the vanu could have a specific version of the vehicle in the form of perhaps a hover bike, much like the mag rider, but instead in the shape of a motorcycle that floats, keeping the same charachteristics of fast but flimsy, of course a trade would have to be made with the large increase in manouverability. Maybe lighter weapons, or heavier cost, or less speed, etc. Maybe even as a future project, all factions could have faction specific fast attack vehicles.

This could just deepen the specific faction feel that each empire owns and devise even more new tactics as to how rush/ambush tactics could be performed, providing different varieties for strategy within a strategical option (ambushing/guerrila warfare)

I'm sure there are plenty of ways this bike would be overpowered compared to the generic flash which is why it's a suggestion for far later in the future, but i'm also sure there are several ways to iron out this balance. It adds to deepen strategy options furthur and offers a new idea of a more viable, flanking vehichle that is a strict balance of fast and durable (a fast attack vehicle of some sorts), but still retains the same trade off system that the game implements.

Attachment cite: http://genesoul.blogspot.com/2010/09...-concepts.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hover bike concept 01_test.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	566  

Last edited by Demarkin; 2012-06-06 at 11:48 PM.