PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Deployed Galaxy Spawning
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-14, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Bonius
Sergeant

Re: Deployed Galaxy Spawning

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I didn't even see a courtyard in the base shown in the GDC video. Didn't look like any room in the interior of the base to land a galaxy, and Higby's galaxy was parked at the entrance.

Come to think of it, I didn't see a courtyard in the Bio Lab either.

Where do vehicles congregate for a push? Where do outfits mobilize if not in the courtyard of a base? that was the usual rally point. Seems to be missing. Their current player pool is pretty small so they may not have noticed things like that yet until people see the gaps in beta.
That's my whole point. Forwards bases are somewhere out of the line of fire where you establish a foothold and run your ops from. It's not something you park right in the middle of an enemy base and say "Hey guys! Over here!".

Courtyard AMS's gave the attacking side such a huge advantage every single time, I for one am glad they're getting rid of the problem completely.

The rally point now will be the established FwB, along with the obvious "on-leader" spawn. Since bases are now split up into different sections this will also enable for a much more dynamic defense and assault, seeing as the angles of attack will be much more varied than before.

Bases seem to be actual infantry battlegrounds themselves with cover-to-cover combat, pathway defense, altitude differences and whatnot. Medics will play a much more important role now than before since the sheer size of the base would mean even if you had a courtyard AMS, it would take a while to get back into combat.