PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Free-To-Play
Thread: Free-To-Play
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-15, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Crator
Major General

Re: Free-To-Play

Originally Posted by Kriegson View Post
I beg to differ. I'm not speaking of GM's that might randomly roam about looking for hackers, but more of GM's that can respond to overwhelming reports of hackusation on an individual.
Obviously this requires a better system for reporting potential hackers than say...sending an email into support and leaving them to sort through everything from account issues, to store refunds, to glitches and exploits.

I recently started playing world of tanks, and they have quite an innovative and intuitive system.
A player has some 3 complaints (A day? A week? Not sure, haven't used any yet) to use. When their complaint is reviewed, they will be rated based on how relevant or useful it is. Players who send legitimate or useful complaints receive higher priority, while those that send useless or illegitimate complaints receive lower priority.

Now imagine if we had a system like this regarding potential aimbotters. Someone who screams "HAAAAX" at everyone who kills him will have virtually no priority. While someone who is respected and has sent useful, legitimate complaints will likely prompt GM action rather quickly.

This would filter out the thousands of useless hackusations and complaints, for the handful of legitimate complaints and reasonable accusations.

Hrm, actually going to make a thread on this and see what people think.
This has been discussed in full before here already. We actually referenced the LoL Tribunal system. See this thread for that discussion: Trial by your peers?

Originally Posted by NivexQ View Post
Anyone who's better than I am is a cheater, anyone who's worse than I am is a n00b. That is the creed of our people.
That's a funny statement. I recently had someone tell me I was a cheater after killing them solo. I asked him how this was. His response, "Anyone who kills me is a cheater." :P