PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Sniper rifle trail
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-06, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
bjorntju1
Captain

Re: Sniper rifle trail

Originally Posted by diLLa View Post
Well, the sniper itself has no counters to air and tanks., so there is your handicap. As an infiltrator you won't have anything like a rocket launcher or C4 at hand.

Often enough the best counter to snipers is just knowing where to walk and knowing where not to walk. If you constantly run through open space and die from snipers, then you just deserve it.

Try to headshot a moving target from 1 km away and then come back.
As I said before:

It is easy to say that you need to jump in a fighter and fly over to him to kill him. But why? Why should I go far out of my way to get into a fighter, just to kill one person? I don't want do do that. What if i want to have a fun experience just fighting as infantry taking over a base It isn't fun when you are engaged with multiple people, to get killed by a sniper a km away.
Often enough the best counter to snipers is just knowing where to walk and knowing where not to walk. If you constantly run through open space and die from snipers, then you just deserve it.
So I should only stay in the inside of bases, buildings etc? Fun! If you talk about wide open deserts, yes. But that speaks for itself. You can't just always be in cover. And if a sniper kills me, fine. But then do make sure Snipers have tracer rounds and maybe some more things so you and your team atleast have an indication where he is coming from. Me saying that he should have a big sign over his head was of course just kidding. But there should be atleast a way to have an indication where he is coming from.

Try to headshot a moving target from 1 km away and then come back.
Yeah, it is harder. but not impossible

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2012-06-06 at 10:29 AM.