PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Outfit Bonuses
Thread: Outfit Bonuses
View Single Post
Old 2011-03-25, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Re: Outfit Bonuses

My opinions which some have already been said. I apologize for the wall of text.

Outfit Bases

The outfit that hacked the base will have their logos printed on various areas of the building. Although base upgrades should be extremly balanced or limited as to not have the entire faction flaming or outfits stealing bases simply because they have more upgrades than the other outfit.

The benifits I can think of for an Outfit Base is as follows

1:Outfit gains extra xp for kills/assists/whatever while in "their" bases influence

2:Outfit vehical spawn speeds and cooldowns are reduced by a minor but noticable amount. This also applies to respawning at the outfit base only.

3:Not sure of this one but outfit's heals and repair are also increased by minor but noticable amount

4:Outfit has increased counter hack time in preventing an enemy hack of their base.

As for straight up bonuses for outfits heres some more

1:Outfits can specilize into different categories. Similair to Certs, the categories cost points and can be relearned/forgotten. These categories provide small bonuses to their respective area. Ex. Vehical Specilization:Outfit owned spawned vehicales have increased stats by small but noticable amount. Such as armor and/or damage. This can be broken down in many ways and applied to every upgrade including implants. The categories can be wide such as Vehical Specilization or more detailed such as subcategories of bonus Vehicale Armor and bonus Vehicale Weapons. And the outfit can change their specilization as seen fit by the outfits leaders. This can proivide small but fun goals or a complex long level up of the outfit grabbing multiple things. Also it should be discussed if there is a limit to how many categories can be active at a time.

2:Outfits heal and repair each other at a small but noticable rate

3:Outfits Hatred: Thought this might be fun, pick a enemy faction for the next X hours. Entire Outfit deals additional 5% or whatever amount to that faction. This can be something that is changed every X time such as a day or a cooldown ability that lasts for a limited time.

4:Similair to Outfit Hatred, their can be a variety of "Abilities" that outfit could possess or earn, that gives an positive effect on them for battles. This can be ranging from a small increased health/armor to have respawn times cut in half, all for a limited time and of course not so game changing as my examples perhaps.

5:Within Your Own:Being near a squad leader of your outfit or your outfits leader provides a small morale boost. Giving you 5% more health or some other benifit. The idea is to support outfit run squads even more and a reason to join an outfit. This could also be a small xp increase.

There, thats my wall of text. Thoughts, ideas?