PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Vehicle Crew vs. Functionality Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-25, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
opticalshadow
First Sergeant

Re: Vehicle Crew vs. Functionality Discussion

i think the best vehicles to implement such things should be support crafts that offer the primary owner a role even without a crew. these are vehicles that on their own should not have guns (ams) but what if we offered additinal seating for defence. lets role with the AMS example.

the ams alone is a one seater, and without guns, what if we could add a second seat for positinal defence, a turret of sorts that fires out rader bursts to sweep for mine fields (beyond visable range) and reveal moving enemies on the minimap, a third seat could be added as a pure defence role. a chain gun or something that would be good at close range to infantry. when the ams is being attacked (hacked assulted camped) it would allow a spawner or close soldire to hop in and give some last ditch defence.

support vehicles which are already a not combat role would actually work well with a function add mindset. the more people that are used, the more functions they can have. because their role is out of direct combat already, it helps keep a power balance in that an assult craft could not gain powerful abilites, but it also allows players who are not focused on combat (medics, engies) somethign they can do in open plains fights who otehrwise only have supressers and sweepers.