PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Subscription Roll-over? How transition PS->PS2?
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-13, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: Subscription Roll-over? How transition PS->PS2?

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Planetside doesnt end becaues of Planetside 2, technically at least.

Means, its two seperate games. You wont get cash rolled over, but you will get a refund if they shut down the game.
I cannot, for the life of me, imagine why SOE would leave Planetside servers up after Planetside 2. Practically everyone I know in PS right now will be playing PS2. I cannot even fathom that it would be profitable - even if there's a small minority who say "fuck that game" or they're like this guy I know who still has dial-up, less than 1gb of CPU speed on his computer, and still plays Ultima Online, it can't possibly be profitable.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
I wonder.. Could we essentially make 3x more names, and append TR/VS/NC on the end? So if you want to talk to me, and I play NC with you, you would just type in CutterJohn. If you were NC and wanted to talk to me on VS, you'd type CutterJohnVS.

Seems simple enough and would open up names a fair bit.
I'm sure anything could be coded - but considering that they aren't wasting time or money or game-data space on coding in vehicle-boarding animations, I don't know that they would devote resources to this. I'm not an SOE dev so I couldn't say.