PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - association with free to play
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-09, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

Re: association with free to play

Originally Posted by shortbushero View Post
no of course not. i allready plan on spending like 50 well deserved dollars on station cash and buying stuff and what not. but the thing is some people can't spend 50 dollars every month for it. and including continued development. new content will be released and some people can't buy all the new stuff. i have to pay rent and such and support my living. but during that month i want to still be able to progress in my character. without it turning boring into just a grind fest.
That's true, but I'm not talking about spending $50 a month on it. I'm just saying if you want a particular weapon so bad that you feel like you're only playing the game to grind for it you should probably just buy it instead. Unless you have OCD and play the game for the sole purpose of unlocking everything, in that case a F2P model might not be the right thing for you.

As long as I can play the game properly without unlocking things it doesn't bother me. Tribes can be played just fine with the default classes, and I imagine it'll be the same for Planetside too.