PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New Outfits for Planetside
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-15, 03:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

Re: New Outfits for Planetside

Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
You didn't need infils for ghost capping. Usually it'd be just one guy in a reaver or mosquito who'd fly back and start the cap on the base and then leave. Of course, once they added the lattice that changed and instead you'd get ghost gen drops, but still. Not something that needed an infil. In fact, I don't think the infil backpack could carry enough boomers to drop a gen, could it? You'd need to make a trip back to the terminal. At least in PS2 they can actually contribute to a fight in a meaningful way. Between the hacks, the radar gun, and SMGs/sniper rifles, they're very decent.
I was referring to zerg held bases. A good cloaker could sneak in behind the enemy and drop the gen or put on a hack. Sure the hack would only be on for a minute or so, but that is 1 minute the entire enemy army spawns slower, has to hack terms for their gear, loses their radar, loses any cave/mod benefits, etc. As for dropping gens, most would keep extra boomers in their locker. There was always lockers by the gen under the spawn room they could use, and they only had to refresh 1 time to have enough to kill the gen.