PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A way to give people a grand purpose
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-20, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Re: A way to give people a grand purpose

A Grand Purpose is indeed the big question that would solve a great deal of pain surrounding the absence of meta-game.

Where I do think that educating players about Lore is a good thing.... No... that's just not incentive at all, in any way, shape, or form.

Incentive to "me" anyways is tactical relevance of a Facility, if I conquer this base I want it to bring something physically relevant to my Empire like a new vehicle or base defense turret, NOT just a marginally "I probably will never notice" upgrade to whatever I currently have...

If I take this facility away from the enemy I want them to loose any and all production, even Warpgate production of X vehicle or base defense turret.

The same applies to capturing a continent.... If I get a Continent I want to be able to produce some awesome vehicle or dispensable weapon that's available on ALL continents to my Empire.

If the meta-game hinders the new-player experience then so be it. You can't spawn a specific vehicle? Join a Squad or Platoon or Outfit that's organizing to go reclaim the territory needed so you CAN push. NS vehicles that are available everywhere are still just as important as ES.

The ES flavor should be a goal not a given.

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2014-03-20 at 05:12 AM.