PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Would you like to see GLOBAL servers (Rather than EU, US-W, US-E etc)
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-10, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Praetor
Corporal

Re: Would you like to see GLOBAL servers (Rather than EU, US-W, US-E etc)

Originally Posted by TheInferno View Post
As far as I know you can join any server if you want to. That was decided after the whole Pro7 thing a while back. At this point the only thing the server location tells you is how high your ping is likely to be.

Also, I have a good internet connection and I can still get some ridiculous ping if I were to play in, say, Belgium or something. So I don't know if it's a good idea. Wouldn't be opposed, but I'd stick to my US-East (or US if no east coast).
I think this is definitely a valid point & I agree with you. - But I do think if servers were advertised as “Global” (rather than US East etc), then you would get a much wider range of players from across the globe inclined to join it.

As a European I had a stint on Emerald (With no lag issues by the way..) because I wanted to join a certain Outfit, but I did feel as a complete outsider on the server.. Mainly because of the lack of people online during the times I used to play.