PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What a travisty
Thread: What a travisty
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-28, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Re: What a travisty

Maybe I'm growing old and cynical but anytime I see a claim that one piece of legislature will 'destroy america' I just roll my eyes. There was a lot of that during the Bush years from the left, and now we're getting a lot of it from the right, and frankly it never happens. Both sides just crying wolf.

Meanwhile, the super-rich completely fucked the planet by being greedy idiots. To my knowledge many of them are still there and still doing the same shit that fucked the planet the first time around, and those are the people funding our politicians' campaigns. While we plebs quibble over toothless legislation that won't change much of anything but will cost money doing it, just like every fucking law that gets passed in that broken-down wretched hive of scum and villainy we call congress.

I'm too young to feel old, but this political stuff is just... ugh. Are you guys really that pissed about a piece of totally toothless, utterly impotent half-laws like this health bill? The War on Terror alone costs in a year what ObamaCare will cost in a decade and that's using the (probably inflated) estimates from GOP sources. The War on Drugs has spent maybe an estimated $20 billion this year alone doing fuck all.

It's just... ugh. Really? England has free health care and they're not exactly dying in the streets, are they? Would it kill us to admit different countries might have the right idea? But no, we yank all the teeth and bones out of the health care bill and then sit around whining about it and throwing mud at each other. What an enviable society we are.