PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Account wide progression instead of per character.
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-31, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Valdae
Sergeant

Re: Account wide progression instead of per character.

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
yeah I don't see that. Doesn't cheap the experience at all. I mean in the current game you can switch characters and the delay makes it not worth it, but the option is there. This is especially true for beginners that have no clue who they want to play.

I hate games that lock you into arbitrary choices when you begin playing. X, Y, Z. Start playing Y and you end up wanting to play as X on that server and know you'll need to delete your character and start from scratch. This is especially painful if you have friends that don't play the same faction as you. I have friends that play VS with me and other that switch constantly between TR and VS and I fear they'll just play TR if locked into a choice so we won't be able to play on the same side.
I appreciate your opinion on noobs wanting to sample empires before choosing one. That makes sense, even tho it would take a long time to gain enough certs to try all empire tech variants. And I always thought players should be able to defect their character to another empire if required, but only at special request.

In truth the majority of peoples friends are from the same empire. I can't see them making empire switching easy for the sake of a minority of people wanting to play alongside friends from other empires now and again. A part of the games legacy depends on making players die hard loyalists to their empire. It thrives on rivalry