PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Massively Interviews Tramell "T-Ray" Isaac
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-01, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Re: "Coloring inside the lines"

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
I actually took that screenshot yesterday running around reviewing an area on Indar... I ran up the stairs and it looked awesome so i snagged it - so yeah, that's definitely in game, in engine, and at playable frames per second.
Yeah Matt I gotta say I'm impressed by that SS. It's simply gorgeous! Fantastic lighting, lots of items of interest at multiple depth levels, well-framed on either side by the solar panels(?) on one side and the metal scaffolding on the other. And that Gauss model is pure sex... Thanks for providing me w/ my new wallpaper at work!

But I was looking at the 3 lights on the side of the Gauss and it got me thinking.... I would love it if the drawm model of the weapon you have in-hand had actual in-game meaning to the player and it was there for more than just decoration.... So I was thinking... Any chance we might be able to get working ammo counters integrated into the side of our weapons?

Rather than just having the ammo counter arbitrarily floating in some retangular toolbar on the screen, I think having it displayed on the sides of the actual weapon models themselves would really add to the immersion of the game experience since you'd have to actually look at your weapon to find out how much ammo is left.