PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Massively Interviews Tramell "T-Ray" Isaac
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-03, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Massively Interviews Tramell "T-Ray" Isaac

Originally Posted by NapalmEnima View Post
I kinda like "4 hours" and "2 days" myself. Both give everyone a chance to experience day and night... it's just a matter of how long each one lasts.
Video games usually tend towards shorter than real life day/night cycles, so I would be a little surprised if they made it 2 days. It could also get tiring fighting in dark night time environments all the time if you happened to play every other day for a few days.

I have always disliked the 24 or 48 minute days of games like The Elder Scrolls or Grand Theft Auto just because I feel like it's a little too sudden, but I think a 4 hour cycle would be pretty perfect. Just enough time to get a lot done during the daylight or in the cover of night, but you would still have good odds of seeing a lot of diversity of time of day.

Maybe they could even offset it a little, like making it be 4 hours 15 minutes so that it wasn't always the same time of day in game at the same time of day in real life.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2011-10-03 at 03:24 PM.