PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What a travisty
Thread: What a travisty
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-28, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
LegioX
First Sergeant

Re: What a travisty

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
It is a Pyrrhic victory for Obama. He gets to save face, but the ruling is bad for Obama's reelection chances. Law remains unpopular and it is the reason they lost the 2010 midterms bigtime. Had it been struck down those voters would be somewhat pacified and content. Now they will be angry. I predict a very good fundraising month for Romney. With a big unpopular law there is no winning by keeping it. It, plus the economy are going to overshadow the election so his efforfs to focus on less important issues like immigration are not going to work.

Im completely baffled how they construe it as a "tax" when the lawmakers and Obama went through great lengths to say it wasnt. That too is bad for Obama because now they can pin a Tax hike on him. And what a horrible precedent this sets. The govenrment can now use this to justify us purchasing any good or service since it is a "tax increase to those who choose not to buy it". Supreme court epic fail.

Yep i can see it now. Obama gov't issues an executive order stating we must eat fruits and vegetables before our main meal at any restaurant. Federal Employees will monitor all food being sold at all restaurants and if the rule is not obeyed a TAX will be imposed on either business or person. GOD HELP US.

On another note. It's going to be funny (not in a good way) when these so called Liberals will have either the mother or father placed on death panels b/c the gov't seems them unfit/or a burden to society b/c they are to old.