PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - I know PS1 and PS2 have medium battle tanks...
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-10, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Bonius View Post
Just because it requires alot of people doesn't mean it automatically gets balanced. What happens when an organized outfit with 100 people gets 10 of these on the field?
How would a behemoth-on-tracks be more efficient at breaking a stalemate than the already available vehicle pool?
Why should the heavy tank be chosen above the mentioned MBT's of each empire?
Why wouldn't said organized outfit just pull 100 MBT's and steamroll the living sh*t out of everything on the map?
How vulnerable would the heavy tank be against air-to-ground vehicles?
How effective would it be against air vehicles? Infantry? Other heavy tanks?
What resources would be required to get hold of one?
How will the resource cost be balanced towards resource gain?
^agreed

TBH, as soon as someone says "It's purpose is to break a stalemate", I immediately want to throw that idea in the garbage. There have been so many games that have tried to out something like that in their games, and it has always been abused, no matter what restrictions there were, for example, Eve had those super ships that were way too good and abused by everyone, BFRs in PS1, I'm sure there are other examples, but you get my point.

No super heavy anything. I'd rather them put in a few new vehicles then something used to turn tides by themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk