PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - "Healing beams" for the Medic/Engi
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-05, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: "Healing beams" for the Medic/Engi

Originally Posted by Rumblepit View Post
over simplify it to the point that it's boring???? really???? you know he is aiming that beam right? this dose take skill and when done right a pocket medic that has good aim can give A heavy assault a big advantage, racking up assist and exp.
In every game I've seen healing beams they've had a lock on mechanic where you simply put your crosshair over the friendly then click and then you're locked on until you let go. In TF2 there's even an option to keep the healing beam on until you click the mouse button again, thus making it very simple, thus making it boring.

I was expecting some dumb counter arguments, but "it takes skill" caught me off guard. Good work.

The impression I'm getting from most people is that they're neither for nor against healing beams, it all depends on how they're implemented, which I think I can agree with as well. So long as you can't heal a target while moving, or you can't heal them at a significant enough speed that it would impact game-play, I would be fine with it. Some people have also brought up that it could've been a possible certification with various trade offs such as reduced healing speed or what have you.

I just don't want the game to degenerate into MAXes being accompanied by pocket medics with their leashes wrapped around them as they wreak havoc. Yes, it promotes teamwork, but I don't think that kind of teamwork has a place in PS2.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON