PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 Battlestations Thread
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-01, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Planetside 2 Battlestations Thread

OOps, didn't read earlier parts of this thread to see Skit already posted my command center.

Originally Posted by noxious View Post
The setup looks comfortable, but I would never game on a TV. A beefy computer can push more pixels than televisions can display, so why not take advantage of that? Right now, 2560x1440 IPS panels are pretty much as good as it gets for picture quality. Granted, you'll spend as much on a 27" or 30" IPS monitor as you would on a 60" TV, but after using mine for a year plus change, it's hard to look at anything else.

120hz monitors are nice too, despite the loss in color quality, but they're stuck at 1920x1080. Once 120hz 2560x1440 screens become a reality, then I might grab one to pair with my IPS panel.
Bigger isn't necessarily better. 1920x1080 is really plenty fine for me, and it's a resolution that is a good compromise between performance and quality. Sure you can push it to ridiculous resolutions but it comes at a performance cost and IMO the benefit isn't there, especially with antialiasing making it indistinguishable. This TV is also 240 hz.