PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - I dont get it, why does everyone hate the coolest looking Empire?
View Single Post
Old 2003-03-25, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

I think the TR is actually considerably more fascist.

It is ironic that fascism and communism should seem so alike when taken to extremes.

But I think that in this case, it is extremely fascist instead of extremely communist. In communism, for instance, no emphasis at all is placed on self, or on a person's special skills. It provides no impetus, no PERSONAL driving force behind a need for success -- you are supposed to be motivated to be successful for the love of ALL OF YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS collectively. In fascism, rewards and real incentives are in place -- be a good businessman and make money, be a good soldier and get promoted -- and harsh penalties for failure. Now, the difference is that A) fascism allows those kinds of rewards and selfish incentives, it is not against its basic ideology, and B) however, everything one does in fascism is supposed to be motivated by a love of the Fatherland, the government.

The difference in motivation is important -- communism is about the group, fascism is about the leadership. Communism exalts the collective, fascism exalts only the very best and most powerful.

And if you wanted to be anal you could say that's why the TR lets you choose your certs -- it's not communist.