PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - AMD vs Intel?
Thread: AMD vs Intel?
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-16, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Well, it matters. With PlanetSide, its definately a good idea to get as much RAM as possible. It will make a huge diff even if your CPU isnt so hot.

Also, you don't want to get a pwning CPU and lousy RAM that cannot take advantage of the FSB. On the flip side, you don't want to get DDR500 RAM and a CPU that only has 533mhz FSB. A balance is needed.

I'll hopefully be OCing my AMD 64 3200+ from 200 up to 230 FSB (x10) and my HyperX PC3500 RAM from 217 to 230 mhz, running them both at 1:1 ratio for max performance. Hopefully this will compensate for the fact that my CPU cannot run RAM in dual channel

RAM should be here tomorrow, I'll be sure to tell you guys how well the OC goes (whether you want to hear it or not lol)

edit: UncleDynamite is right. Exactly why I bought an AMD 64. I'm looking to keep this CPU for a while (year or 2) and I want to be future-proofed. Sure, there arent many 64-bit apps out yet, but a beta build of WIN XP 64 has already been released to the public, so you know which way Microsoft is going. And where Microsoft goes, game companies follow...

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2004-04-16 at 01:39 AM.