PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Is Planetside heading for worse or for better?
View Single Post
Old 2004-03-17, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by 321
Surge was not an exploit warping was an exploit so if you want a exploit fix you want them to take out warping. If you just hate the surge implant then you just want the implant out bugged or not.
Surge warping was indeed an exploit. Notice the first word of that "Surge"...so if Surge warping is the exploit, then the fix will entail fixing either the warping or the surge. Since, for whatever reason, the devs do not feel they can adequately fix the netcode, which they have already tried (and before anyone goes there...not a single person on this board has any idea of how the PS engine REALLY works on a statement level) that means fixing warping is out for at least the time being. Hence, the only viable alternative means trying to do something to Surge, which is what has been done at least until a more permanent solution is available.

I have no problem with the Surge implant, if people want to use it more power to them. In the days immediately after the LLU was released, I loved that implant to death, I just found others that suited my style more. What I have a problem with is people who use it gain an unfair combat advantage through the exploitation of a known bug. Please do not try to confuse my position on the matter.

Surge = fine until it causes problems. It is causing problems, even if it's not directly the implant's fault...hence, Surge needs to be fixed as the core issue appears to be beyond current capabilties.