PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - N.Amer. Highly Organized Outfit, Dont care what faction
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-14, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Re: N.Amer. Highly Organized Outfit, Dont care what faction

Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
Not at all. It's a bit of a slope, you know: "I have experience, so I have X title," "I have more experience than you, so I have Y title," so on and so forth. I know there are arguments for that sort of thing, especially in a game like Planetside where a single outfit can have tons of people running around, but at some point it breaks down--there comes a point where all of that is useless in-game and ultimately you just defer to one, or a few, callers. (People who decide the ops based on the situation)
I couldn't agree with this more and I think we were one of the first competitive Outfits to do this in PS. In an Outfit of veterans, cr5s, former-Outfit leaders (ever member of DT had at least one cr5 prior to joining) 'ranks' are not only unnecessary but a little insulting. Every new member in DT is admitted only after an entire group vote and once they're in they hold exactly the same rights as everyone else. We only have two ranks. Outfit Leaders; Mirror and I (simply because we wanted the responsibility; most of or members could do what we do) and everyone else is DT. It's all about respect imo; I have respect for every gamer we admit and am quite comfortable trusting him with an equal share of the future of our clan. In our experience that is something gamers value.

The more I hear Darkside Empire, the more I like. I look forward to seeing you guys in beta.

Last edited by Dart; 2012-07-14 at 02:55 AM.