PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Winning/Victory in PS2 with statistics
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-26, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Re: Winning/Victory in PS2 with statistics

Originally Posted by Kilmoran View Post
The thing i don't udnerstand is... why does someone else (SOE) have to tell you what you and yours are campaigning for.. whether you won or not, and why must they also then reset the board just to punctuate your vicctory? Why is this not organic to the game already based o nthe rules and circumstances in play?
The most beautiful part of PS1 was that it was completely driven by the players. The players decided whether they succeeded or failed by their ability to organize and cooperate. It made every victory sweeter and every defeat a lesson. I have quoted that line many times, "Rome is the mob" because that is what PS1 was. My personal experiences involved recognizing, devising and inventing strategies and coordinating with other players to effectively apply them. I did not need a mission system, we decided our mission. We did not need a Platoon System, we created our platoons. We figured out what we wanted to accomplish and then we figured out how to get it done.

However, when it comes to an overall victory condition, I experienced a system with WWII Online that was very satisfying. It was simple, fight to the last city and win the war. The map would reset and the next campaign would begin. Accomplishing this usually took months, so it wasn't an easy task. So, for all of my feelings about leaving a game wide open, having a way to ultimately win was something that I would support, because I experienced it in a way that felt right for such an environment.

www.planetside-devildogs.com