PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Nvidia GTX 680 Launch
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-22, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Re: Nvidia GTX 680 Launch

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Chaff you still haven't made your rig. Whats up with the delay??!

I think it would be doable. Just have to do the demo or whatever in one of the larger type of fights that prove to be most demanding. HardOCP used to bench WoW, AoC, and I think a few other MMOs.
but those can be done using predictable and repeatable ai guided flight paths etc. PS2 varies way too much in player density and whats goin on and doesnt have any auto flight paths. The stresses must be the same every run or the benchmark is useless, and you cant do that in somethin like this sadly.

And i have a single OC'd 580 atm so im not in need of an upgrade, but if i was I personally think i would wait for the GK110 since im partial to getting the strongest single gpu card if the difference is substantial enough. My guess is $650 ish on that beast. Curious to what their dual gpu solution would be now, im assuming they would do dual gk104 (gtx680) since dual gk110 would cost a fortune. And now their numbering is gonna be all kinds of goofy. they will prob have atleast two more cards and so they will start havin to use the 5's which can get confusing. Although they dont really make a ton of sense in the first place so i guess its no biggie. I get the marketing reason for 680 but if not for that it shoulda been the 670, but in their shoes from a marketing standpoint its better to be the 680.
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.

Last edited by BorisBlade; 2012-03-22 at 10:29 PM.