PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Vanu Sovereignty seems out of place.
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-04, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Shlomoshun
Private

Re: The Vanu Sovereignty seems out of place.

I may be making this up, but I seem to remember that part of the Vanu Sovereignty was that they had a ruling class of scientists, sorta like a religious ruling class. This ruling class had 'seen the light' so to speak that only through the Vanu technology could mankind be free'd of it's suffering. In many ways, as a poster above had written, they are sort of like a religion. Think about the Vatican, they controls vast amounts of wealth and knowledge and they don't necessarily share that knowledge in a democratic way with mankind, instead they keep it to themselves and decide for themselves how to best provide their enlightenment to the public.
Just like the Pope and it's dealings with the public, the NC are a threat as they would allow the public full access to all that information, which might mean it is dispensed improperly, which could jeopardize it's ability to bring true peace to men. Think Martin Luthur and the Reformation as to why those two sides are fighting...
As for the TR, they are attempting to restrict the Vanu from their freedom to pursue this research. Which also could prevent them bringing peace and happiness.