PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PSEmu - PlanetSide Emulator
View Single Post
Old 2015-07-18, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Chord
Private

Re: PSEmu - PlanetSide Emulator

Originally Posted by OpolE View Post
Id be the first to say here... I'm in all the way with this! Lets see proper evidence that we are allowed to do this and a proper website dedicated similar to how SWGEmu has gone about it.

Could you PM me more information Chord.
A website will definitely be in order for the future. I'm not rushing to get one up just yet as I'm concerned about PS trademarks and legalities. SWGEmu is a great example of an emulator done right. A lot of pages can be taken from their book on how to run things.

Originally Posted by OpolE View Post
If you were to add things like 'bots' Id recommend putting them only on specific islands or none at all.

PvP 100% In my opinion but il be with this 100% whatever the ideas.
I don't like the idea of running around with dumb bots myself, but it was just an interesting idea for the future. The only reason I could see for them in PSEmu would be for times when population is low. If this project has enough people, well, bots would become a side project. I do like the island idea though: Battle Bot Island maybe?

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
if you can get smedley/daybreak to be on board with this, i will chip in time to help out. im not much for coding, but i don't mind putting my knowledge to the task.

feel free to PM me here with more info.
Glad to hear you're on board.
I honestly doubt that anyone maintaining a current PlanetSide 1/2 trademark would be agree to something like this, but who knows for sure.

At the moment, I don't have a well organized source tree and things are still in their earlier stages, but I'll keep this thread updated with any progress I make. Currently I'm working on allowing the PS client to login to my custom server.