Old 2012-12-21, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #160
Hosp
First Sergeant

Re: Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2

My 2 Cents:

With the current state of the Game:

- No Meta-Game
- Indefensible Facilities
- Little to no Death Penalty (as in increasing spawn timer)
- Lack of modifiable Inventory (Not huge, but it really helped separate a Special Ops player from a zergling)
- Vehicle Campable Spawn Points

All of the above are, in my eyes, are a contributing factor to the lack of ability for smaller outfits to be effective. As a result, we (see sig), have been forced into special ops where we can still move faster than the zerg, get ahead of them and soften up if not begin to take the next objective to speed the zerg progress. Currently, that's the only significant operation Spec.Ops. outfits can do and be effective.

Now, I know the game is still in Open Beta. (lets be honest, there's no beating around the bush on it). So I'm giving it till Feb. or March till I drop it like a bad habit. But if that ends up being the case, PS1 going F2P may see a
resurgence as all the vet outfits go back to continue the glory days leaving PS2 a ghost town.

They need to fix most of the above and put the grind back into prying an enemy out of a base. Winning the long battles, be they in base or field, are what made PS1 fun, because around those long battles, were numerous smaller battles as Spec.Ops. fought in and around the lines trying to gain their empire the advantage.

PS1 wasn't perfect, but it was/is certainly more complete.