PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Can SOE confirm a cinematic for Planetside 2?
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-16, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
SgtMookie
Private

Re: Can SOE confirm a cinematic for Planetside 2?

Oh I totally love the idea of having a cinematic trailer for all three empires. Here is just my idea of what the videos should look like and In my opinion this few items should be a must.
  • First things is to have 3 separate videos one for each empire, all from the soldier's view of the battle.
    • TR - Go with the idea of the war torn soldier, fighting to defend a outpost with his full platoon of soldiers (rexo and max units), show a short clip of NC sabotaging the outpost and then TR trying to recapture the control room(or wherever the NC sabotaged) back from the NC with no luck, then a clip of the VS dropping from the top and the TR being overwhelmed. Our soldier as a last resort runs through the tower to an OH SH!T switch which triggers the orbital strike destroying the outpost.
    • NC - rolling up to the outpost in tanks, while pinning the TR down, a small group of 5-10 soldiers (spec ops style) working together to infiltrate the outpost that the TR are defending, tactically pushing into the outpost fighting the TR at every turn but finally making it to the control room (or wherever) and assuming a defensive stance, holding the CC for the final moments, our NC player spots the TR guy making a break for the orbit strike switch and starts to chase him.
    • VS - A few from the air as Planes start flying in attacking the NC tanks outside the Outpost then PODs start dropping in from a Capital ship in space (or Galaxy) on top of the outpost, assaulting down the outpost to flank the TR that are fighting the NC, our VS player spots the TR guy making a break for the orbit strike switch and heads another way to cut him off.
    • with the same ending for all either with a knife fight and the TR hitting the orbit strike switch at the end. With a massive Orbital strike scene with everything being destroyed. Then the camera zooms up to a War Room map view showing the Continent map and all the other battles going on.
  • Gameplay footage is a must with a few CGI aspects
  • Show flying / driving / infantry scenes
  • Final shot should be a Orbital Strike blowing something up
  • Heavy marketing on Youtube, Cable TV, and on other media outlets.