PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Another help thread for sys building! Yay!
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-19, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
AwkdShellfish
Private

Re: Another help thread for sys building! Yay!

Tustin is just a short trip across town. Never realized there was such a place over there. I always went to Fry's Electronics in Fountain Valley if I wanted to go local.

No I have not settled on any particular laptop yet, quite frankly the same reason why I posted this thread. I have no idea what to settle for in the first place. lol

Mobility is nice, but that's also the reason why my laptop and external hard drive got stolen. I had a MSI GX620, black with silver trim. I was really using it as a desktop replacement, so I'd figure I'd opt for a desktop this time around, and I paid 1,300 I think back in 2007. For this new system I'm thinking about bolting down some screws to the bottom of the case just to make it a b!cth to get. Nothing's impossible for a determined thief, however I wouldn't want to make it easy for him/her either. Maybe I can hook up a live line to the case just to make sure whoever touches it gets fried by a unlimited supply of juice.

Gaming is fun, sure I'll admit , and my games in particular are nothing too high demanding. PS2, would probably be the most "demanding" game I'm thinking about. Other than that, I hop into the Assassin's Creed series, or Command & Conquer, or BFBC2 when time permits. Really my time now is actually spent having the computer on just for downloading, as work has almost taken over my life.

Now for my PSU I guess it's safe to say I can throw it in the bin? Or can I still use it for a cheapo desktop build for business use? Say, cranking out orders and receipts? And no real way to utilize my thick copper heatsink huh? Darn. I just wanted to use it rather than have it on my desk as a pretty paperweight.

Last edited by AwkdShellfish; 2013-03-19 at 03:48 PM.