PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Another help thread for sys building! Yay!
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-19, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info
Re: Another help thread for sys building! Yay!

In your budget, and given concern about efficiency, I'd think about getting an 80Plus platinum power supply like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817182082

You might also think about what you want out of your hard drive setup.
How much space do you need out of a boot drive, all of your drives?
Options besides bootSSD + big disk for stuff exist like an SSD cache (which eliminates the multiple-volume hassle and potentially accelerates everything you use often). Plus
That can help you bump the cost down or can enable you to go, maybe, to an all SSD system with just a bit more $.
If you're keeping the thing on all the time, who even cares if the SSD is the boot drive? The only things that get faster with an SSD are the things on an SSD. If you're not accelerating game load times, you're making Chrome boot twice as fast? But that's only a couple milliseconds difference.

Using the old PSU:
Sure, in something w/o the need for an extra PCI connector? A lower end-AMD build using integrated graphics. I think so.

(Don't take my work for it, I haven't really looked at the connectors you've got)

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.