PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - No wonder the world hates us
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 02:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: No wonder the world hates us

Originally Posted by Noivad View Post
The United States was the first Free Country which gave specfic rights to its people.
Look up Magna Carta. Then get back to me.

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
But there is that 18 month tour of duty american soldiers have to do. That may fuck with their heads somewhat, being stuck in a bloody hot country with no AC and being fired upon constantly.
I dont know about the other NATO nations but in Britain its only a 6 month ToD followed by at least a year off.
I did three of these tours as a soldier and one as a "contractor". I know guys who've done more than that. In all cases there were less than two months time off between tours except for the contractor gig after I ETS'd. You don't see my face on the news, pissing on dead combatants, forcing prisoners to stick their dick in some other prisoner's face, keeping ear necklaces, burning a Quran, shooting up innocent people, burning families alive, or other shenanigans. Why? Because I give a shit about human beings, even fuckers trying to kill me, even people of a foreign nation who just live there, even family members of fuckers trying to kill me. Why? Because I'm a professional. Why? Because that's how I was raised. And no amount of time in a combat zone will change that.

Maybe I'm better, or maybe I'm just not good enough. Maybe people who do this type of shit are stupid, damaged, or both. Or maybe stress got to them. I don't know. I don't have an answer.