PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Infiltrator Recon Device XP Coming Soon
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-26, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Helwyr
Sergeant Major

Re: Infiltrator Recon Device XP Coming Soon

Originally Posted by WSNeo View Post
I'm not going to lie, you're the first person to say that radar, of all things, needs a nerf.
The latest thread on the official forums complaining about radar. (it's not the first) here

What is wrong with radar?
1) Radar devalues player skill by providing a mechanical player crutch replacing the need for situational awareness and actual player observation.

2) Radar favors zerg play, removing many of the advantages of stealth, ambush, flanking etc that a smaller number of players might use to overcome a larger group. It devalues tactical gameplay.

3) Radar largely nullifies the the core concept of the Infiltrator class, and there's no counter aside from 12 seconds of cloaking. It also impacts the Light Assault class devaluing it's ability to flank the enemy.

4) Vehicles have a counter to radar in the form of "stealth", no such option exists for Infantry. Yet it is Infantry that should have the lowest battlefield profile, not vehicles. This is needed for balance between vehicles and Infantry.

5) Scout Radar is available to everyone via ATVs, last time I checked you don't even need to be on it for it to work. It is actually superior in just about every way to Infiltrator's class tool, the Recon Dart. Its permanent, no ammo limitations, does not give your position away (can even combine Radar and Stealth on an ATV), costs less certs to max out, can be used by every class but a Max.

6) Scout Radar on ESFs is combining the best detection with the most mobile unit in the game, that also does not lack for firepower and defense.

7) Why use Suppressed weapons when there's radar everywhere?

8) Why use Camo when there's Radar everywhere?

9) Radar makes for a dumbed down game.

Edit: Looking at your posting history it looks like you spend a lot of time as an infiltrator. So I'm guessing that may be a biased opinion.
So my opinion is biased, but yours is not? Is that what your saying? Everyone has a bias to one thing or another on this forum... you are clearly biased towards radar from your response to my post, I don't even need to look at your posting history to figure that out.