PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Just a little Cry about faction hopping.
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-05, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Qwan
Captain

Re: Just a little Cry about faction hopping.

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
It's obvious the people here that don't have kids that can play... or kids at all for that matter. Statements like these are very narrow minded. Do you remember how you were when you were 12-15? You are going to tell me that you should restrict players just for changing their mind on what character they want to play?

If you look at the MLG footage that Hamma posted back from the first Planetside 2 MLG event there were kids playing with their parents trying to show them the ropes. It's pretty much the same in my house. This system you are proposing will directly impact people that share computers or legitimately swap factions, but don't abuse it.

There shouldn't be any punishment to players that are not abusing the system... period. The previous solutions that were discussed only punished the players that abuse TKing. If a player faction swaps to get the winning side of an alert then it's lame, but not against any rules and he isn't really hurting anyone. He is just taking advantage of having a character in the faction that will win the alert. I don't 4th faction in that sense. My characters are on different servers so restricting my play on the same server is a non-issue, but it would impact legit players that are not greifing or doing anything actually against the rules.

If that player switches accounts to TK and purposely cause a faction issues that they are part of then that is an entirely different story. Those players should be punished for griefing. The two scenarios are not the same.
I also have kids dragon I feel were your coming from, and since there are no credit card requirements or accountability of accounts, they each have there own account, my 17 yr old and my 5 yr old (dont ask she like to drive the sundy around). I mean I play in the afternoons when Im off work, but my 17 yr old may log in on his account, and play right after Im off. SOE has no tracking system, not by IP, not by email, not by credit card (I have bought my son SC in the past using the same credit card I used). Though some idea's for getting this under control are extreme, SOE has to come up with something.