PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The balance issue with multi-gunned vehicles
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-27, 05:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Re: The balance issue with multi-gunned vehicles

Red's pretty much nailed it. The problem isn't about armor, it's about role and lack thereof. The ground transport vehicles never needed a proper balancing because they were, more or less, irrelevant. I may be getting my hopes up but I think the new skilling system will put that right.

While it may be possible to get just enough skill to drive a tank or mossie and use that for transport but if you don't put any skill time into it, you'll be easy xp for those who do. The new system sounds like it will incentivize specialization where your boots will need to get into a transport if they want to go anywhere in any kind of speed or safety. Hopefully, this time around, ground transports will be given some kind of unique standing so both they and galaxies will be useful in their own purview.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.