PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - WMD in the game, what do you think?
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-06, 08:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Kran De Loy
Captain

Re: WMD in the game, what do you think?

I would love to see OS in the game. While not spamming the ability is a big issue I really would not want to see a vote system for it. They'd almost never get used when and where they're actually needed.

The idea I have is to really limit the OS availability would be to tie it to land ownership. Say something as simple as which ever outfit had the most points earned during a base capture would then belong to them. This would make it so zerg outfits would most likely be the ones to get these, but a smaller highly skilled outfit that spent more time trying to capture a base would still be very likely to be the ones to own it once captured. Open to other suggestions, of course.

While this capture mechanic could also limit the number of OS available at any one time to the number of bases (or bases with the specific ability to command OS) it could ALSO be used as an eventual stepping stone to outfits being able to upgrade and customize the defenses of bases using outfit resources.

Or you could just skip it all and make OS cost ridiculous amounts of resources so much so that combined with the long cool down only outfit leaders with access to the outfit resource pool would be able to call OS in.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-05-06 at 08:09 AM.