PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Ancient Games And So Forth
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-19, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

Re: Ancient Games And So Forth

Closest thing to Jedi Knight on my list is KotOR and KotOR 2.

I was doing all right in Arena as a spellsword. Then... THEN... I got to the part 1 dungeon for the second piece of the staff.

I HATE ICE GOLEMS.

And then I read up and discover the damn things can only be hurt by magic and elven blades... but the only elven blade I can find is a war axe that requires me to de-equip my shield... which means I die faster... and the suckers have insane amounts of HP anyway and hit like bricks (of ice).

Restarting the game as a knight now. Hopefully the heavier armor will enable me to survive longer, even if I don't get any Super Spells of Doom... truthfully I wasn't terribly impressed by spellsword spellcasting in the first place. More martial classes are probably better for this first-person RPG crap anyway.

In case anyone cares or wishes to comment on my gaming selections, I am planning to play...

Elder Scrolls: Arena
Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
Fallout
Fallout 2
Baldur's Gate
Planescape: Torment
Icewind Dale
Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn... and whatever that expansion is called.
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Neverwinter Nights
Icewind Dale II
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Neverwinter Nights II
Knights of the Old Republic
Jade Empire
Knights of the Old Republic II
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout III
Mass Effect
Fallout: New Vegas
Mass Effect II
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Mass Effect III

...kinda 50/50 on playing Dragon Age: Origins at this point. I heard the sequel kinda sucked, and this is making me second-guess whether I want to bother with the first game in the first place. Not to mention lol-EA-lol-Origin-lol

edit: forgot kotor somehow.

Last edited by Neutral Calypso; 2013-04-19 at 06:21 PM.