PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby]
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-19, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #230
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby]

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
There was nothing biased about the way I presented this poll.
Are you blind?

you asked:

Should there be a third option? Option 3 would still be a 1st person view, but would turn off the cockpit graphics and give you just a HUD, like the earlier screenshots we have seen. Having the HUD View would cater to pilots, as they would be able to see more, but forcing cockpit view offers another distinction between aircraft and their possible advantages/disadvantages.

Should SOE force cockpit graphics?
The pole was "should cockpits be forced" you then went onto say "option 3 would still be a 1st person view, but would turn off the cockpit graphics and give you just a HUD." now this is an FPS game, people here want balanced play, when the cockpit view being at a clear disadvantage over the HUD view, people are going to vote that it should be forced, its as simple as that.

Given a 3rd balanced view and poll option where cockpit is disabled but perhaps at the loss of peripheral vision, there would have been different results, then at the same time, maybe there would not be? people(readeople that were farmed in PS1) seem to believe that the effectiveness of aircraft has be done through making the pilot deal with ugly jizz allover their screen limiting their down view. In reality this is a nonfactor, because then Aircraft weapons would be made effective for when they do mange to spot and target infantry, it all has to be balanced in someway, none of us here are qualified to comment on it, since we have not played PS2, even then msot would still not be qualified to vote their opinion on a balance matter.

I really may aswell go sample 1000 kids under the age of 10 in a shopping mall and ask them should stopping at a stop sign be forced? id get the same useless results as your pole.

So in summery: useless pole is useless.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2012-04-19 at 10:36 PM.