PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - SKY's Blueprints Vol.1: Metagame & Base Design
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-18, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SKYHEX
Private

Re: SKY's Blueprints Vol.1: Metagame & Base Design

Alright, I am back on track!

@Noxxia:

While your suggestion would definitely make the capture mechanic much, much deeper, I am afraid that because of the huge range of variables related to time, it'd be a hot mess. In order to let the players experience battles and allow any planning whatsoever, you have to keep the time pretty much constant so that even the complete lonevolves can figure out if going to a base will accomplish someting.

Even the system in this project is pushing it, however it's simple enough to allow the players to make decisions. If you had the countdown jump around like a madman every minute, you'd pull your hair out due to confusion.

Also, I'd like to answer your concern about campaholism you raised during the ReachCast. Putting spawns like so is not made to make camping completely impossible (I don't think such a thing can be accompilshed in this game), however to reduce the ammount of vehicular camping or force a camp with infantry, which is easier to dispatch of and push out with force.

@leifnielsen: my apologies friend, life's a bitch sometimes

@OctavianAXFive:

Hmm, you do have a point with the tangible incentives creating potential 4th faction scumbaggery. I shall scour my idea dump and try to figure out something to alter this.

As for the Spawn Room being the Main objective, it kinda already is by proxy due to the requirement of the SCU. As for its campability, as I already said to Nox, it's substantialy different trying to push out against infantry. Especialy since my plan is to have the spawn room on an elevated position overlooking a large room as you can see in the pictures. This room is there to let defenders regroup. It is very defensible, you should remember that the building I am using is the current SCU shield gen room in the biolabs.

As for the layout, yeah I kinda halfassed the draft because it was the last thing I was finishing and I was popping a vein due to Gimp being extra derp. Which in turn made it seem like a linear tug of war. My apologies for that

Last edited by SKYHEX; 2013-05-18 at 01:40 PM.